- Develop platforms for nonmetallic material advocacy
- Facilitate and promote collaboration
- Promote the SPARK nonmetallic Hub
- Annual Nonmetallic Symposiums
- Nonmetallic Events
- Online Members Directory
1• Organization of collaborative platforms for the association’s members
2• Promotion of the activities of the association through online platform, website, social media and events
3• Organization of specific events in KSA to promote the capacities and skills of members, in particular nonmetallic international symposium
4• Participation of the association in international events and trade shows
2019 - 2nd nonmetallic symposium in france
The 2nd International Symposium for nonmetallic Materials took place in December 2019 in Lyon, France.
This event has been organized by Plastipolis in partnership with ARAMCO and has gathered in two days more than 300 delegates from 18 different countries. It has included more than 140 bilateral B2B meetings, 5 technical sessions on global challenges for key markets and circular economy and 2 plenary sessions with leading European and international experts from industries, public institutions and academia.
The main objectives of this Symposium have been:
- Highlight nonmetallic the technology and business opportunities in the area of nonmetallic materials
- Connection between leading companies such as Aramco with technology experts and suplly chain companies
- Presentation of the opportunities of the Saudi’s Iktva program and the opportunities for business cooperations for European companies including SMEs
- Scientific and technology exchanges between experts in developments and applications
The symposium was opened by Ahmad A. Al Sa’adi, senior vice president of Technical Services with Saudi Aramco, who emphasized the sheer scale of opportunity to attendees.
“Nonmetallics represent an opportunity to address operational challenges, in terms of our operational sustainability, while also allowing us to grow in what is a key downstream sector,” said Al Sa’adi. “For Saudi Aramco, the growth, development, and application of nonmetallic materials will be transformational. We see the huge shift in technology that has shaped material science, providing new material and solutions to our industry.”
Abdallah Al-Thaaly, manager of Saudi Aramco’s Industrial Development and Strategic Supply Department, shared an overview of the Saudi Aramco journey to localize its supply chain. Al-Thaaly highlighted the significant progress made so far in localizing nonmetallic materials, with 160 expressions of interest received from investors and 12 investments already realized in the Kingdom.